Salon Policy Covid 19
As we are approaching our industry’s return to work. The union that I am part of have laid out a few rules for beauty technicians to follow in order to keep our studio as safe as possible.
These changes will come in to affect as soon as I return and I hope that everyone who books in will understand I have to follow this guideline to protect my clients and myself.
• Only clients will be allowed in the treatment room. This unfortunately means no guests or children, to minimise the risk, as it’s such a small room.
• If you have a slight temperature, cough, cold or a headache, please cancel your appointment and we can rearrange for a different day- This is very important to minimise the risk to others. I have clients who are vulnerable and I need to ensure that I reduce the risk of passing anything on.
• All clients will have to give an up to date record of their details for contact tracing purposes in the event that I become ill or somebody I’ve come in contact with does we will know that we can contact you.
• Please come wearing a face mask 😷 This helps reduce the risk of catching anything. Wearing a mask can prevent droplets circulating in the air whilst we are talking.
If you don’t have a face mask, don’t worry I will provide one.
• Please arrive on time and not too early or late. I don’t want clients to cross paths and there is no waiting area. I also need longer time between clients now for extra surface cleaning to create the safest environment possible. I won’t be letting anybody in until I’ve sterilised everything from the session before.
• Hand sanitiser/hand washing will be provided for when you enter the studio.
• I won’t be using blankets on the bed during this time for lashing. I need to keep the items people come into contact with to a minimum. if you are likely to feel the cold please bring your own or wear an extra layer. • Please try and go to the bathroom before you arrive, this again will help reduce the risk.
• You are welcome to bring headphones and music to listen to whilst you get your lashes & brows done. This will help reduce the risk with talking up close.
• I will be wearing a Face mask, face shied, apron and gloves. I normally wear a mask but I’m just going to be extra cautious as I’m up close to the client.
This may seem a little extreme, I promise will try and keep the treatment as normal and relaxing as possible and hopefully we can have a giggle about how insane this all is!
I look forward to seeing you all soon and getting back to normal 💖