The Latest brow trend to hit the industry that involves creating fuller brows by setting the brow hair into place- think of a lash lift but for your brows!
The result is tailored to suit your vision-if you want thick, fluffy brows its ideal, and likewise if you have wild unruly brows, you can have them set in to a more defined neater shape. If you want to correct your shape a fill in sparse areas then brow lamination is for you!
For all your questions...
The answers you need!
What does the process involve?
1. Firstly your brows are cleansed and brushed out. Your brow technician will wax and shape any stray hairs to tidy up the shape.
2. Next, after brushing the hair into the desired shape and direction and fixed with water soluble glue, a chemical solution is applied to the root of the hair shaft, this relaxes the bonds in the hair fibres and helps to straighten them out. This is left on for approximately 5 minutes.
3. After the second stage has processed, the lifting lotion is gently removed and the setting solution is applied to fix the brows in to place, this takes approximately 5 minutes.
4. Once all the product has been removed your brow technician will then map out your perfect brow shape using the mapping out method. Tint will then be applied and get for a few minutes to give more definition and fullness.
5. Lastly your brows will be cleansed and left to nourish with a enriched brow condition serum for 3 minutes.
Does it Hurt?
No, unlike micro-blading which applies pigment underneath the skin, brow lamination doesn't cause any pain but a skin patch test is required at least 48 hours before to prevent any kind of allergic reaction.
It also isn't recommended for pregnant or breast feeding women as there hasn't been enough research carried out on this, to determine if it can cause any unwanted side affects whilst pregnant.
How long does it last?
Anything from 4-8 weeks depending on where you are with your own natural hair growth cycle.
What is the Aftercare?
After you've had the treatment its really important that you keep your brows dry for at leat 24-48 hours. This is the hardest part! But once this time has passed there is very to little aftercare. You can get them wet, apply oily make up remover, brush them and so on.! You will be provided with an aftercare pack and this consists of brow castor oil for you to apply before bed to keep the brow hair soft and smooth and a spoolie brush. Brow hair will need fixing in to place after you have a shower with the bush provided, and then they will stay in position for the rest of the day.